All I ever needed to know … Girlfriend Cruise Edition!
Wish you could have joined us on our Girlfriend Cruise to Bermuda with GirlsonaCruise.com!
It was an amazing seven days with fabulous female friends – new and not so new. We sailed to beautiful Bermuda on board the Celebrity Summit. We met wonderful women from all over the U.S. who ‘get’ them importance of getting away with their girlfriends!
Here’s updates on our Girlfriend Cruise travels –
You know how they say: ‘Everything I needed to know, I learned in Kindergarten?’ Well, after spending a week with the wonderful women on our girlfriend cruise to Bermuda, I think there is much to learn from women in our lives. Like these life lessons from the ‘ladies of leisure’ on the Celebrity Summit:
- Sometimes you just gotta hang out with your girlfriends! Kids, husbands, relationships, jobs, responsibilities and schedules were all left back in the U.S. when we debarked for Bermuda – and it was a very good thing. Quality time with girlfriends, I personally find, and witnessed other women who agree, was an amazing opportunity to ‘get back to our true selves.’ It’s wonderful how the laughter, conversations, smiles and overall happiness just take over your whole outlook on life. We definitely experienced some great ‘girlfriend therapy’ just by spending a little quality time with other women.
- Girlfriends NEED each other. Two of the women in our group are cancer survivors (who met on a cancer survivor cruise previously). They expressed deep appreciation and even the medicinal value of spending time with their girlfriends. We women don’t just enjoy time with our friends, we NEED them. We need their friendship, support and guidance. Thankfully we’re there for each other.
- It’s wonderful to feel totally accepted. I’ll be honest with you. I don’t think I’ve been in public in a bathing suit in a decade (seriously!). It was wonderful to feel so totally accepted and comfortable with a group of girlfriends that it didn’t matter if I held in my stomach or had the cutest suit. We just enjoyed each other’s company – as we are.
- Laughing together is medicinal. The conversations we had, funny secrets we shared, stores we told – all bonded us through our life experiences and lessons. There is nothing like laughing with female friends with whom you feel so comfortable and happy. Laughing, and friendship, is VERY good.
- A helpful, fabulous girlfriend-in-charge makes traveling even more fun! We were so lucky to travel with a great cruise director (who arranges cruises for girlfriend trips and other groups) – Janet DeVito of GirlsonaCruise.com. From giving us ‘noodles’ to float on in the Atlantic, to hand-written notes on our door, to making sure our happy hour and dinner conversations were always inclusive and amusing, Janet is a pro in making it a great girlfriend cruise! Check out this video she made:
Filed under Celebrity Cruises, Cruise, girlfreind getaway, girlfriends, girls getaway, girlsgetaway, girlsonacruise, gno, royal caribbean, susan komen, vacation cuisine, women travel, womens travel
Girls Cruise – Celebrity Summit to Bermuda
I’m sitting by the pool on the third day of our Girls Getaway Cruise to Bermuda. The weather is what I consider “stunning”! The only complaint is that it is a “bit” warm. But still stunning! I am relaxing and contemplating when it is appropriate to have my first drink for the day…and then I think “It’s noon somewhere!” And for our GirlsonaCruise.com it is always noon!
So 2 days ago we sailed out of Bayonne NJ on the Celebrity Summit and I met the 16 girls who are in our Girls Getaway group. I knew 4 of them before this trip, but hadn’t met the others including Debba from Girlfriendology. I must say, after years of putting these Girls trips together, I have never once met someone who wasn’t nice & fun. Maybe it is because the type of Girl who chooses to travel with a group of other women that they don’t know MUST have a fun, adventurous personality! Whatever the reason…I love that this always holds true! We had a pre-dinner party and had an “ice breaker” type event so everyone could get to know a bit about each other. I always worry that someone will say “OMG, I am NOT doing that!” But as I said, this group always attracts people who actually like to met new people. I would tell you what we did….but I don’t want to spoil the surprise for all “future Girls cruisers!” Just trust me…it was fun! Dinner was delicious. The best item on the menu was the “Mushroom Cappicino” A favorite of mine. Everyone loved the food and the service was also great. I sat with Debba (from Girlfriendology) and other women I had just met but had plenty to talk about and so much in common even though we all just met. Everyone was off to bed early after dinner. I would say the first day was exhausting, exciting and the apprehension of meeting everyone was over. We are off to another great Girls Getaway Cruise!! Whooo Hoooo! Okay, so I admit…Connie and I went to Michaels Club and talked till wee hours over drinks. (Hey, isn’t that what us girls do? Talk, and Talk, and Talk……) ￼
Pool anyone? Sun anyone? ME ME ME ME!!! Connie and I woke up early to Coffee and tea room service. Did the obligatory walking on the Sunrise Deck (3 laps = 5/8 mile….so we did 6) to get the blood flowing. Although somehow walking around the deck of the ship with the sea breeze and the fresh air doesn’t seem like exercise it clearly is. Walking in the morning is a great way to start the day. After perusing the breakfast buffet and grabbing some lox and a bagel, I headed back to the room to shower and change into my uniform – BATHING SUIT AND COVER UP. Yes, that is my uniform for the next week. I wish it could be my uniform everyday…but then I wouldn’t appreciate the week on a vacation. Then it is out to the pool. I got everything I need – beach bag, sun screen, book, hat and camera (I must have it at all times, you never know what will happen that I need to remember!). And that is where I spent the whole second day. Hanging by the pool with the Girls! And what did we do? Talk, Talk, Talk…Laugh, Laugh, Laugh. Yep, we probably shouldn’t have been so loud in the Thallasso Therapy Spa pool, but how can you stop laughing when we are being tossed around like dolls as the water seems like a wave pool. Oh well… I spent an hour in the iLounge checking emails and writing my hubby and then it was of to shower for our pre-dinner cocktail party. Okay…funny story…I left to go to the party early with Jeananne and we ordered a drink at the Champagne Bar and waited for everyone. An hour later, no one showed. We couldn’t figure it out. We decided to stroll to another lounge and saw everyone else sitting in Michaels club. Of course, I had to laugh because I am the one who set up the party, and there I sat at the wrong place with Jeananne for an hour while everyone else had a blast! Oh well, all is not lost because I got to know Jeanann! Another awesome dinner (everyone at our table got the rack of lamb and it was fabulous!) After dinner…we hit the disco. Danced and laughed until 1 am. What a blast! A definite do-over tonight!! (I will try to get pics too!)
It is now day 3. I sit in the sun writing this. Connie and I are in the groove. We have our routine down pat! Morning coffee – walking – pool. But the day holds alot of surprises. I will write all about it tomorrow! Oh and Happy Birthday to my Hubby! It is his bday today!